Allports Group, comprising
Allports Garages Limited
Commercial Vehicle Rental Limited, trading as Allports Rental
Deker Trailers Limited, trading as Deker Solutions
GDPR Statement and Privacy Notice
Issue Date: 9th May 2018
In May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the existing 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (European Directive 95/46/EC).
Allports Group aims to comply with the GDPR regulations as a data processor and controller where applicable. Working alongside its employees, clients and their employees and suppliers it will comply when the GDPR legislation takes effect on 25th May 2018.
Collecting your Personal Information
- We will obtain personal data about you, including but not limited to
- your name, email, postal address, telephone number(s) i.e. your contact details, whenever you complete an online form or make a telephone enquiry;
- in general, all data required by Allports Group to offer you its products or services within the scope of and on the basis of the agreement concluded between Allports Group and you/your employer.
- We collect and store information when you visit our website and, this may include using cookies and similar technologies to monitor site performance and build a profile of our users. When you interact with our services we may identify, for example:
- how many times you visit;
- what pages you go to within our website(s);
- your IP address;
- the originating domain name of your internet provider;
- identify your browser or device.
- Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how our website is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
- You can set your browser to block or disable cookies (see the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to see how), but doing this will mean certain personalised features of our websites can’t be provided to you and other parts may also not work properly.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to facilitate the provision of products and services you or your employer have requested;
- to help us identify you and any accounts you or your employer hold with us;
- undertaking credit checks;
- research and statistical analysis;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- improving our services.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Allports Group does not and will not sell, rent or trade your personal information. We only forward your personal data to third parties; (i) in cases specified in these conditions, (ii) in accordance with the agreement concluded with you or your employer, and (iii) in the cases specified below:
- to third parties that process your personal data on our behalf (e.g., hosting partners);
- to third parties that supply products or services to you on our behalf within the context of your use of agreement with Allports Group;
- to third parties that perform creditworthiness checks or record payment behaviour on our behalf;
- to public authorities, courts, police authorities and judicial services that request the data from us or when we are required to do so by law;
- to your employer – as the lessee of the vehicle that you are using;
- to any third party to which we assign our rights and obligations.
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to any personal data we may hold about you and, to ascertain the accuracy of that information. To apply for a ‘Subject Access Request’, an individual must:
- make the request in writing to: Managing Director, Allports Group, Fradley Park, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 8NG;
- supply information to prove who they are to eliminate the risk of unauthorised disclosure;
- supply appropriate information to help us locate the required information.
We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data; erased or rectified/amended. If your employer has an agreement who Allports Group has a responsibility to process your data, we request that you first discuss this with your employer.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Security of your Personal Information
Allports Group strictly protects the security of your personal information and honours choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored on secure servers that are housed in controlled environments to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
All countries in the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes the UK, have similar standards of legal protection for your personal information. We may run your accounts and provide other services from centres outside the EEA (such as the USA and India) that do not have a similar standard of data protection laws to the UK. We shall take all measures that could reasonably be required to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with applicable legislation.
Allports Group will only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for fulfilling the purpose for which the data was collected and for meeting legal, regulatory and/or internal requirements.
Allports Group would keep data on file for a period of 7 years unless otherwise stipulated. Data would be hard erased after this time unless the data subject requests otherwise. Data subjects have the right to request personal data on them in a portable format. Data subjects must request by letter stipulating what data they would like to access to, and this will be processed within 1 calendar month. We would send confirmation of this either by email or letter (whichever is most appropriate). If data has been deleted, erased or otherwise irretrievable the subject will also be informed of this.
Allports Group aim to keep data on file for a period of 7 years unless otherwise stipulated. Data would be hard erased after this time unless the subject of the data requests otherwise or has been engaged with during this time and data on them is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest. Subjects of data have the right to be forgotten and erased from records upon request. Subjects must request their data by letter stipulating what data they would like erased and this will be processed within 1 calendar month. We would send confirmation of this either by email or letter.
Allports Group aim to deliver great service. We want to gain the trust of our employees and data subjects and aspire to treat data collected on them with integrity and respect. We would continue to improve and change operations where necessary to comply with new legislation. Internally Allports Group review the systems in place and aim to improve this continuously. This statement aims to outline Allports Group’s GDPR strategy and policies surrounding data control and processing.
This document is provided as of May 2018, for informational purposes to explain Allports Group’s stance on GDPR legislation and compliance. It is subject to change or removal without notice an updated copy will always be available on our website at http://www.allportsgroup.co.uk/about-us/legal-information/.
Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
- Google Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so-called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.